Monday, January 31, 2011

It's been a while...

I haven't posted in a while. We've been doing well. I turned 37 this year. My life has turned out much different than I had imagined. Good...but different. Christmas and New Year's came and went. We had a good time in Louisiana for Christmas. I'm enjoying my new job....I've been there for almost a year. I miss the hospital and my friends, but it's been a great change.


We are still on our journey of trying to have our first child. I almost hit a road block by developing Pericarditis, which is an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. It started by some chest pain and since I now work in a clinic and have access to an EKG, echocardiogram, and a pediatric cardiologist, I decided to look in to it. Thank God I did...the pediatric cardiologist found fluid around my heart. I then went to see an adult cardiologist who started me on some medication for the inflammation. I was afraid he would tell me we had to wait until it cleared....but he didn't!!! The chest pain has gotten better and I see him again in 2 weeks to re-evaluate.


This is Valentine's weekend. Matt says he doesn't believe in it, but it turns out he made reservations for tonight. He won't tell me to where though. He trys not to be a romantic, but a little bit always comes out....like, making reservations at the very first restaurant we ever ate at together, booking a private room for our anniversary...stuff like that. A couple weeks ago he got me flowers for taking care of him when he was sick. So sweet!!!






1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to catch the Pericarditis! Good luck at your next appointment! Hopefully it all looks better.

    That's so sweet of your hubby :) Flowers look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete