Wednesday, November 10, 2010

D&C scheduled

So, after my numbers never got about 100, Dr. Heard wanted me to stop all of my Progesterone and Lovenox. Allison said if I don't start bleeding in a week to call them and they would redraw my labs. Well, I didn't so I called and went in for labs the next day. The crazy thing is that my HCG went from 95 to 878!!! There was a glimmer of hope. Then 2 days later I went in for an u/s and more labs. There was a sac measuring 2 weeks behind and my labs went to 1499. More hope!!! We went to Louisiana and watch LSU beat Alabama and went back to the doctor Monday morning. I was so nervous about this appt because I knew it would be the make or break appt. The sac measured exactly the same as it did on Friday. Dr. Heard said he wanted to see my HCG at least 3000 and if it didn't then we needed to start talking about a D&C again. I got a call that afternoon from Allison that my HCG only went to 2262. We scheduled my D&C for Friday, November 12th.

I'm ok, but sad. I never let myself get excited about this pregnancy and I hate that. I knew from the beginning that this was a possibility, but it never really hits you until they say those words..."we need to schedule a D&C."

Just once I would like to check in to the hospital and come out with a baby instead of an empty inside.

5 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but I have also been in your situation. I was also told my pregnancy wasn't viable and we needed to schedule a D&C as my labs weren't doubling, and the sack measured small. I made them check before because I just didn't feel like I had enough "proof" that it was over, and we found a heart beat. I now have a beautiful 4 year old. I know my situation is rare, but your labs are still increasing. My lvls NEVER doubled (although they did increase just as yours are) with BOTH my viable pregancies. (And with both I was told I was loosing the baby again.) Have them check again before you go in, just in case. Either way, this road sucks, and my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson I agree with Becki. I have heard too many people say the same as her. I know you don't want to get your hopes up for something that may not be, but like I said before my numbers with Luke never doubled as they were supposed to but also went up (very slowly) and he is fine now. I think when I was about 6 weeks my numbers were in the 4,000's and took 6-7 days to double. You can use this to calculate your numbers. http://www.obfocus.com/calculators/betahCG.htm But an ultrasound is always more accurate than HCG. I think that if your not cramping or bleeding to maybe wait it out and request another ultrasound. I love ya and will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind thoughts and prayers. I saw my doctor yesterday, but there was no need to get a repeat u/s because I started bleeding with cramps.

    I just got back from my D&C. I'm ok, just tired and a little crampy. I wish things had ended differently, but ok and hope we can try again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it could have ended differently too. Feel better soon, and my prayers will continue to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your story on Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. When I cam to your blog and saw D & C scheduled my heart broke for you all over again. I experienced two losses within 6 months. It's an awful thing to go through. Just because you have been through it once doesn't mean next time is easier - it's always awful - as I'm sure you know. I also either have a septate uterus or a bicornuate. I am praying it's septate so that it can be removed. I hope to get an MRI and find out this month. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please feel free to stop by my blog. I also have a couple special blogs for baby loss mommas. One if Heaven's doves: http://heavensdoves.blogspot.com please fill out the form if you would like a dove for your babies. Much love to you and I am so sorry for your losses! <3

    ReplyDelete